Monday 20 January 2014

Chips off the block



My Splinter wood engraving group, with friends are exhibiting in the Line Gallery in Linlithgow in February. We have the whole gallery, which takes some filling with wood engravings so we will have a few other printmaking media on display too, mostly Lino, although I have been experimenting with 
wood cuts on plywood combined with a bit of Lino to get more definition into the image on top of the very grainy wood.   I like the scale though and the forgiving nature of a the looser medium.  Rivers are still a theme, but this time I've been looking more closely at the Idle, the river which I knew as a child, growing up in the Idle Valley in north Nottinghamshire. A different creature to the Tay but it still has its own, quiet, character.
The exhibition runs at the Line from the 25th January to 18th February 2014.

No comments: